Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 40 - A Beautiful Family Day

Aunt A's Garden

Aunt A's Garden
I drove up Signal Mountain to my Aunt's house this morning.  Her name is Evelyn but we have always called her "Aunt A".  Have no idea where the "A" came from as others before me named her.  Her daughter, Joan, was there.  We grew up together, me, Joan, brother Jon and younger sister Judy (from Albuquerque).  We had a lot of fun together as kids...never got into any real trouble outside of making up songs and jumping up and down on beds to the rythmn.  



What is Paradise but a Garden
 
Aunt A's Garden
Aunt A has a fancy for gardening and still tends to the most beautiful garden I've seen....these days with the help of Joan.  I won't reveal her exact age as she is a very vain woman but I do remember going to her 90th birthday party a few years back. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed them in person today.





Aunt A's Garden

Aunt A's Garden
I invited Aunt A and Joan to lunch today but, nothing doing, they fixed lunch for me instead....that's what families do.  When I first arrived, I went to the back door as family just does not come to the front door.  Joan and Aunt A greeted me and we sat out on the back porch for a time, talking and enjoying the garden and the birds.  Yes, the birds....when you have a beautiful garden like this, you attract some very nice birds.  She attracts 5 different varieties of hummingbirds.


Joan and Aunt A

Me and Aunt A
After lunch we moved into the den where we started looking through old family pictures and laughed till we cried.  It was just the most fun day and I'll be thinking about it for a long time.






Linda, Hal, Emma, Keeley

Linda's Pond
 After saying our goodbyes, I picked up Keeley and Emma, two of my sister's grandchildren.  We headed to the campground to pick up George then on to Lookout Mtn to my sister's house.  We visited at her house for a while before going to a lovely dinner on the outdoor patio of Cafe on the Corner at the top of Lookout Mtn.  All-in-all a beautiful family day!

No comments: