Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 32 - A busy day in Albuquerque

Up and at 'um early this morning and took care of items 1 and 2 on yesterday's task list and working on #3.  This laundry thing is still a pain.  The laundry facility happens to be across the street from our RV site so I can go back and forth without sitting there waiting it out which is a good thing since it's around 82 today.

Judy and Karen
The highlight of my day was meeting cousin Judy for lunch at High Noon Restaurant and Saloon, which is a terrific little southwestern restaurant near her office in Old Town.  I had a shrimp enchilada and she had  a blue corn enchilada - both were yummm.  We had a great time catching up with each other's busy lives.  She looks great, daughter Catherine, now 24, is doing well and both love it here in Albuquerque.  I can certainly see why as this is a beautiful city.  Afterward, we strolled around the block and checked out some of the local American Indian art. 

After hugs and goodbye's, she steered me to Trader Joe's, one of my all-time favorite stores, where I replinished my wine stock plus a case for Marlene back home.  Couldn't leave there without our favorite crispy crunchy chocolate chip cookies (each cookie about the size of a quarter) and a fresh loaf of banana nut bread.

Tomorrow is a new day...

No comments: