Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 8: The Dreaded Laundry Day....

Ugh...today is the dreaded laundry day.  The day I have to drag a weeks worth of dirty laundry to the campgrounds laundry facility (actually, George does the dragging and I basically sort clothes, put coins in machines and sit around knitting until the laundry is done).  George is back to working this week so it's a perfect day to tackle this task.  I like to rate the laundry facilities as this is something important to me.  If the laundry room (and machines) aren't clean, then I don't feel like our clothes are clean.  So....let's see how this one rates.
 
 
OK...very small, 3 washers and 4 dryers.  Concrete floor, small folding table and pretty clean (the table could use a good scrubbing).  Just the basic necessities.  No sink or wash tub and no rolling cart to move your laundry across the room from the washers to the dryers.  I'll give it a generous 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.
 
There is a fire pit encircled by Adirondack chairs just outside the laundry room. I parked myself here and knitted while waiting for the laundry.  The temperature is in the mid-60's today with a cool breeze blowing.  The sun feels great and is very warm on my skin.
 

Finished the laundry around 12:30 and fixed sandwiches for lunch.  When George finished work, he drove me over to Bee's Yarns in Bar Harbor.  Cute little yarn shop and candy store.  She had a basket of yarn "on sale" so I bought a couple of skeins, plus I needed a pair of size 4 short needles so I can start working on my Christmas Bells.   
 
We decided to fix dinner in and relax in the coach tonight as we are off to NH tomorrow.

No comments: