Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 38: The road to Albuquerque

Today we are on the road to Albuquerque which means more of I-40.  One very different thing is that the landscape color changed from brown to red.  We passed Flagstaff, the exit to Meteor Crater then Winslow, AZ where, two years ago I "stood on a corner"
 
 
I-40 in AZ

I-40 in AZ
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We stopped for lunch in Holbrook then passed the exit for the Petrified Forest which we visited 2 years ago.  Next we saw a "dirt devil" and I don't mean the vacuum cleaner.  George says a dirt devil is a little swirl of dirt in the desert created by the wind...basically a little bitty hurricane. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pretty soon we were in New Mexico where it became terribly windy and we were very glad to get into our campground.  We're staying at American RV Park on the west side of  I-40 in Albuquerque which is where we stayed two years ago...very nice, clean park which has a complimentary continental breakfast.   

TOTAL MILES DRIVEN:  4,788



No comments: