Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 26: A little R and R...

EWE and ME
Despite needing a little R and R, I just had to visit a couple of yarn shops here in the desert plus I decided to knit another little pink purse and ran out of one of the yarns.  OK...call me a yarn junkie...there could be worse things.  First stop was to Ewe and Me.  Such a cute name, I just had to go!  The shop owner dyes her own wools - a really amazing thing and such beautiful yarn.  She really has a lot of talent. 
 

Next stop was Harriet's Yarns...not too exciting so on to The Yarn Company of Palm Desert.  She has a small building just off El Paseo with floor to ceiling shelves packed with yarn.  She didn't  have what I was looking for but I found something else I liked.  She also showed me the latest in needle sets, all cozy, packed in neat little travel bags...something for my wish list.
 




OK....back at the RVin time to fix lunch for my sweetie then off to the pool to relax....AHH.....

When George finished work, we stopped by Trader Joe's for some two (and-a-half) buck Chuck and other special goodies for the road.  Understand we have one in Gainesville now....can't wait to go when we get home.  Leaving in the morning and hope to make it to Bakersfield for an overnight stop then on to Yosemite - WHOO HOO!

No comments: