Monday, August 31, 2015

More Jeep Adventures.....


Bandana Cowl
It's another Monday so I did laundry this morning, knitting in between loads.  I finished a Bandana Cowl which turned out quite nice.  Also worked on my striped Poncho...I found a mistake and had to rip out about 3 or 4 inches but caught back up and added another inch or two on the ride down here.  There are a total of 48 inches once you get passed the ribbing....I just finished 28 inches so still have a long way to go.
 
Jeep Trail to Gemini Bridges
After lunch, we took off on another Jeep adventure.  This one was to Gemini Bridges, a 13.4 mile trek rated easy.  The first part of the trail was up a steep incline over a very rocky shelf road.  Along the way, we passed Gooney Bird Rock and one that I named Wren Rock. The scenery was nice most of the trip but I think I like the Colorado mountains better.
 
On the way to Gemini Bridges, we passed Arches National Park, only one mile from our campground.
Arches National Park


Gemini Bridges Trail


 
 
 
 
 
Gooney Bird Rock
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Wren Rock
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The view improved once we arrived at the Gemini Bridges, which is about at the halfway point.  The bridges are a pair of massive natural rocks with spectacular views of the canyon below.  We didn't get too close as we were wearing sandals....bummer.
George on Gemini Bridges
 

Gemini Bridges


Cairns (aka trail markers)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stormy Weather
Storm brewing in the background so time to head home.  Once home, I fixed a stir-fry for dinner then we relaxed the rest of the evening.  Ahhh, another wonderful  day!

No comments: