Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Moab Fun...

 
It's Tuesday and George's last day to work, then he has the next 12 days off - YEAH!  I figure it's going to be a long day for him, so I took off to Desert Thread, the local yarn shop.  I was here 4 years ago and visited with Cathy, the owner.  She is working on a beautiful shawl and has some really cute items in her store.  She gave me a free pattern for a scarf called Wheat (you can find it on Ravelry).  She made a store sample which knitted up real nice so I bought 2 skeins of Malibigo superwash wool. 

We were going to grill steaks tonight, however, it came a thunder-boomer right at dinner time so I made Jambalaya with Andouille Sausage and it was yum!




Wednesday is golf day at Moab Golf Club.  We wanted to play this course when we were here 4 years ago but I think it rained us out.  We played much better today, but, this course is not as difficult as Devil's Thumb.  It's rated 69.4/128 from the blue tees and 66.5/118 from the reds.

Here are a few pictures of the course as it winds around the red rocks:










Speaking of Devil's Thumb, this course has a "thumb" too!

We stopped for lunch at the Moab Diner.  I had a salad and George had a Banana Split....what you gonna do?  He's on vacation!






 


No comments: