Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kansas is not as flat as you might think...

Sunday:  After driving halfway across the Southern portion of Kansas, much to our surprise, there are lots of rolling hills.  Also, not surprising, are lots of corn fields and some real-life longhorn steer.  Wish I could have gotten a picture of them. 
 
Monday is upon us and we are settled into the KOA in Wellington.  We both got a great nights sleep....no mooing cows, just a nice quiet campground....ahhh.  George is working so I decided to take a drive into town plus make a Walmart run.  When I asked him how to get to town, he laughed and said "take a left out of the KOA and you're there".  Or, as I found out, another description would be that we are literally "one cornfield away" from the Walmart.  A little further down the road is "downtown Wellington", speed limit 20 mph - same  as Stonecrest....and we all know that it's impossible to go 20 mph.  So, it took me less than 5 minutes, at 20 mph, to get to the end of town and back.  I think George does these things to me so I won't think about shopping for Brighton handbags and other luxuries.  But what about a nice pedicure?  Nope! Not a nail salon in sight.  So I amble back to the KOA and proceed to knit the afternoon away which proved fruitful as I finished my first Swancho.  For those of you non-knitters, a Swancho is a cross between a Sweater and a Poncho.


Karen's first Swancho!
Tuesday we woke up to rain, in fact, the rain woke me up sometime in the night.  Looks like it's going to be one of those days.  So, more knitting.  I'm also working on a gray and white striped Poncho.  The pattern is soooo easy and a good project to work on while driving down the road.  Here is a picture of what it looks like today:


Also good day to catch up on laundry, make some pimento cheese and focus on a nice home cooked meal for dinner.  In the event you want my Homemade Pimento Cheese recipe, see RECIPES section of this blog.

 

No comments: