Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Yarn Fix and Zip Line Update...


Monday:  My adventure today is a trip to visit yarn shops in Colorado Springs. First stop is Ewe and Me, A Yarn Shop which was a rather upscale shop with all the latest yarns.  They had a baby jacket on display made with some really nice soft yarn, however, they didn't have the pattern for it.  Apparently someone made it for the store but failed to give them the pattern.  This was rather disappointing so I left with nothing.
 
Next stop was the Holly Berry House in a quaint old section of town where all the wonderful old brick buildings were revitalized with gift shops and restaurants.  This was a small shop but they had a scarf on display which I liked but - you guessed it - no pattern.  So, I left there with nothing.  Getting to see a "pattern" here (or lack thereof).
 

Scarf with no pattern
 
Yarn Outlet
Since this shop was close to Manitou Springs, I decided to stop and browse a bit.  Got lucky and found a good parking space so I lit out on foot to check it out.  As cute as this town is, it's basically one souvenir shop after the next with a lot of restaurants in between.  Maybe I just wasn't in the mood...really?  Not in the mood to shop?  Wow!  But then I haven't made one purchase yet, hmmm...
 

 
Last stop was the Yarn Outlet on the way home.  Bingo!  Found some yarn I liked plus her prices were fantastic.  This is a big outlet store so everything is a couple of bucks cheaper than a traditional yarn shop plus she had some of the latest yarns.  She helped me pick out some yarn for a Bandana Cowl that I want to make.  Nice lady and nice shop.  She invited me back to a "Knit-In" tomorrow but I really don't want to drive the 50 miles back up this way.  She also told me that there was a yarn shop in Canon City in the back of a bookstore, hmmm....I must find it.

Tuesday:  I made a Walmart run to pick up a prescription refill then into downtown Canon City in search of the yarn shop in the back of a bookstore.  Found it!  Just mention yarn and I'll find it.  Met Ann, the owner, very nice lady and she invited me in to knit with her and Sheila..  They have their share of characters just as our yarn shop does and I had the best time!  Sheila is a hoot!  She is from England, came to America when she was 22 with the Ice Capades.....what an adventurer!  We talked, laughed, told stories and knitted the afternoon away.  Now that I have a friend here, I don't want to leave, however, tomorrow is mooo-ving day. 

The ladies here are knitting little Christmas ornaments for a charity...here are some of the ornaments:





Sheila made this one

I left the yarn shop  around 2:30 and George finished work at 3:00 so we took off for the Royal Gorge.  We bought  tickets to ride the Gondola over the gorge, then walked the Suspension Bridge back.  There was a plaque and flag for each State on the bridge.  George is holding up the Florida flag.

So, did we or did we not do the zip line?  We did not....reason being that we couldn't take the ride on the side-by-side zip lines as they were not staffed to run both at the same time.  Maybe next time. 

The Gondola

Suspension Bridge

View from the Suspension Bridge


George with Florida flag

Beautiful Sun Flowers

 

No comments: