Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring 2013 Trip: Day 1 & 2

Well...we are On The Road Again.  Taking the Southern route (I-10) all the way to Las Cruces, NM.  First of all, BlogSpot is now Blogger and the format of this website has completely changed which is why I haven't posted since we left at Noon on Friday.  Having said that, I'm still learning the new format and, hopefully, by the time we get home in 8 weeks, I will have it down pat. 
 
George relaxing w/Anna

DAY 1:  George drove 375 miles from Summerfield, FL to Milton, FL which is just East of Pensacola.  Very nice park, Gulf Pines KOA, conveniently located just off I-10 with a Continental breakfast included.  The kittens did very well and have completely explored every nook and cranny of the RV.  George did an EXCELLENT job of plugging every possible hole.  Did I mention that he is the most  patient, enduring and wonderful man I've ever met? 
 
TOTAL MILES DRIVEN:  375



DAY 2:  Got on the road around 9AM and drove 408 miles to Sulfur, LA which is just shy of the TX state line.  As we passed through Mobile, AL, we saw the Carnival Cruise Ship Triumph moored in Mobile Bay and had to sigh - rather be RVing.  Two very uneventful days trying to get miles under our feet so we can relax in San Antonio for a few days.  Hey Louisiana DOT...your roads are crappy - LET'S GET TO WORK!

TOTAL MILES DRIVEN:  702



 

No comments: