Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 11: El Paso...a whole lot of nothing going on

Found a cool looking yarn shop on the internet and stopped by there this morning.  There was a sign on the door saying "Be back at 10:00".  Looked at my watch and it was 11:10.  Ok....decided to come back later so I went to the local mall and walked around only to confirm that I hate malls.  Left there and stopped at Talbot's....I used to really like Talbot's but their idea of fashion has changed over the years but, what the heck, I'll stop in.  Looked around and nothing caught my eye so I stopped in the restroom before leaving.  While sitting on the commode, my phone rang.  Wouldn't normally answer it under these circumstances (and wouldn't normally share this little story but it is kinda funny) saw that it was my dentist - dang it....I gotta take this call.  To bring you up to speed, two days before we left on this trip, I had a root canal.  All went well until last Thursday when my jaw began to hurt and I can't open my mouth all the way.  Some would call this a blessing (a George-ism no doubt).  He said it was fairly normal in that my jaw muscle was traumatized (as were the ladies in the store listening in on my call) and to take advil and call back only if it swells.  Whew...was out of there in a dash.
Hello? 
People drive in El Paso similar to the way they drive in Atlanta.  Three people cut me off (and one was behind me!) without so much as a howdy-do.  One cowboy cut in front of me as I was trying to turn left and, I couldn't help myself - I honked.  Uh Oh.  He looked at me, smiled and waved as if I were giving him permission to cut me off at the pass.  Guessing this would not be a good place to have a fit of road rage, I smiled back and gave him the queen's wave (not exactly the jesture I wanted to give him).  Conversely, the speed limit in the park where we are staying is 7 mph.  Ever try to go 7 mph?  It is not possible.
 
Next stop - Walmart.  This girl just can't seem to pass up a Walmart.  Picked up my advil and a few other things then decided to stop back at the cute yarn shop.  Same sign still on the door. 
Mayaluna Yarns
George-ism of the day:  That sign has been there for a year!
 
What I'm knitting:  Ladies, I'm taking orders for Cowls.  Go to PAGES/Knitting Projects for further details.
 
What's for dinner:  Got this great cookbook, "6 Ingredients or Less" for crockpot cooking by Carlean Johnson.    We're having Golden Chicken and Mushrooms tonight (this is an actual picture of my crockpot!).  You can get the recipe on PAGES/Recipes.
Golden Chicken and Mushrooms
 

No comments: