Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 6: Golf at Sanctuary Cove


Sanctuary Cove is a Davis Love Design/Fred Couples Signature golf course in Waverly, GA which is about 5 minutes from our RV park.  We had an early tee time there today and, WOW, what a beautiful course!  Aside from the fact that Love and Couples are two of my favorite Pro Golfers, I would play there over and over again.  It's a long Par 71 with one Par 5 on the back 9 (good thing because some of the Par 4's are as long as any Par 5 you'll find anywhere).  The fairways are wide, not much sand and very fair.  Overall, I'm quite pleased with my 98....and George had an 88!  Really fun time....


After golf, we returned to the RV, made lunch, showered and rested up a bit then went to see Hope Springs starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones at the local mall.  It just opened here yesterday and was really good.  Two of my favorite actors.  This was the very FIRST movie George and I went to together (at a movie theatre). Think I'll save the ticket stubs.  What a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!


No comments: