Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sutton's Bay

We slept late this morning after our Saturday adventures then decided to take a drive up to Charlevoix and Petosky.  After we got ready, we noticed that the coach was getting warm and realized that the a/c wasn't coming on.  Rut Row....the thermostat would not budge so George had his head stuck in manuals and blogs until after 12 0'clock.  I fixed lunch then my genius husband found the problem.... YEAH!  It would have been a shame not to get out and enjoy this beautiful day.

So, it's now after 1:00 and too late to stick with Plan A so we switched to Plan B, which is a drive up to the town of  Sutton's Bay.  We drove through this town on the way home yesterday but "somebody" had his fill of cute little towns and just kept on driving.  So, here we are today.



Found a great parking space right in the middle of downtown, next to the Lima Bean shop.  So we went in to explore and I bought a cute pair of earrings for $10.

Walked a couple of blocks and we were ready to turn around when George said, " let's go on up to the crosswalk", and I said "okay".  He is now kicking himself in the butt because I spied a yarn shop across the street and the rest is history.  The yarn shop is called Thistledown Shoppe and she had some yarn I've never seen before and a darling pattern called L' Envelope.  It's not a sweater, it's not a poncho, it's not a wrap and it's not a cowl....it's an "envelope" because it envelopes your upper body in warmth on a cool evening.  That's enough to sell me, so I bought the pattern and yarn.




Left there and finished our walk around town, stopping at a few shops here and there, one in particular had a lot of glass "yard art"...pretty but the POA would never approve, besides, it's 3:00 and they were closing.

We started our drive home and stopped at the Leelanau Cheese Company.  It's a local cheese maker that makes Alpine Style Raclette which I've never heard of before but, after tasting it, we both loved it.  It has a mild buttery flavor so we bought a slab.

Last stop before going home was for frozen custard at Culver's.  This was George's first visit and I think he liked it...we're having too much fun!

Once home, I sat outside and knitted for a few hours and enjoyed the wonderfully cool evening....I think I'm in paradise!

No comments: