Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sick Kittie...

Sick Isa
Saturday:  I woke up at 2:30 am to the sound of Isa getting sick so I got up, cleaned it up and held her for a while.  3:00 am...repeat.  Fact is, she gets motion sickness which usually lasts a few days after being on the road.  This trip, she has been getting sick every 4 days or so, so yesterday I made an appointment for her to be seen at Banfield on Sunday.  Banfield is the pet hospital located inside Pet Smart which is where we take her back home and where all of her records are kept.  Also where our daughter-in-law is a Medical Director for the State of New York (so proud of her).   Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night as I was getting up every half hour to check on her.  She is clearly lethargic, not wanting to eat or drink.   I called Banfield ASAP this morning to see if they could work her in today so we are waiting for the phone to ring.  Also cancelled plans to go to a winery today. 

Meantime, I took the opportunity to vacuum and clean while George hung some pictures.  Been wanting to do this for some time so, before the trip, I printed out some photos of past trips then framed them.  The motorhome now feels more like home than ever and  I feel a rush of memories come over me when I look at them.

We got the call at 2:30 to bring Isa to the hospital.  We dropped her off and killed time by doing some shopping at Sam's, Staples and took a stroll through an outdoor furniture store.  Also had time to grab dinner at Red Lobster before picking her up.

Her bloodwork was out of control and her kidney disease is worse so they gave her fluids and a shot for nausea.  They wanted to hospitalize her for 2 days but, since I am skilled at administering IV fluids, they let me bring her home.  I am to give her 100 ml every day this week, then back to the hospital Friday for repeat bloodwork.  She perked up a bit once home and dove into the food bowl so I am optimistic she will be ok.  Anna welcomed her home by giving her a nice bath.  We stayed home the remainder of the evening to monitor her and get some rest.


No comments: