Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Stocking the Freezer

We arrived at Mark and Pauline's at 3:30 today as Pauline wanted me to help her prepare food for the freezer. With my favorite meatloaf recipe in hand, I made two meatloaf's and 57 meatballs.  She also wanted to make Chicken Caccitorie but feeding time and dinner time got in the way plus she was pretty tired.  So we will save that one for tomorrow.  It was fun being in the kitchen with Pauline again as we like cooking together.  Our Christmas tradition is to make cheesecake for the guys, plus, she taught me how to make wontons.  With her Asian background, it's second nature for her but a challenge for me.
 
For dinner, I sliced two port tenderloin into 1-inch pieces and sautéed them in a little butter and olive oil.  I served them with mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley of corn, carrots and green beans.  There was just a small portion of meat and veggies left over....we scraped the bottom of the pot of potatoes.
 
After cleaning up the kitchen, I had some Miss Coraline time then we were off to the motorhome. 
Night night sweet Coraline....
 

No comments: