Sunday, May 10, 2015

Luray Caverns

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there today. I heard from both of my step-sons today and so proud that they think enough of me to bless me with their good wishes.  We talked to George's mother this morning also. She hopes to go hear Rocky and the Rollers at Brownwood this evening.
 
 
As for me, I spent Mother's Day in a cave...yep...a cave.  We explored Luray Caverns today which was interesting.  Our first experience at caving was at Carlsbad Caverns with Tom and Pat, our friends from CA.  I was a bit reluctant at first but was awestruck in short order by the vast beauty of Carlsbad and am now forever spoiled.  We also visited Mammoth last year which was a great experience too.  All caves have similarities, of course, but all have their own special characteristics. 
 





We had a snack before leaving then made a Walmart run on the way home.  Anna is still finding ways to get under the sofa and George is out to win this battle so we need more trickery.  Good luck Sweetie but, as we know, it's really hard to outsmart a cat.  OK, we are back to closing up the 'L" in the L-shaped sofa as Anna is getting in through the back end of the "L".  That said, did we outsmart the cat or did she outsmart us?  Hmmm...

I made Tortellini for dinner and we devoured it.  Watched the climatic end of the Player's Championship and happy that Rickie Fowler won in the fourth hole of the playoff.  Relaxing evening watching TV.
 

No comments: