Monday, May 11, 2015

Flea Market Shopping Day

I have officially gone "stir-crazy" because I'm not really a flea market shopper, however, when life gives you lemons...
 
On our trek to Luray Caverns yesterday, I spied a few unique looking flea and antique markets so I visited them today in search of my pick ax and pail.  Wanda, at Vintage Treasures, was most helpful and actually got on the phone and called three people that she thought might have one but - no go.  I visited on the porch and talked with Wanda for quite a while...even invited her to join me in a cup of frozen custard from Pack's Frozen Custard shop next door.  She declined as she was watching her weight but I had a small cup and lingered a little longer in a rocking chair on her porch watching life go by.  Let's see...there was the school bus that made a stop in front of the store, then two jeeps heading up the mountain (probably to go off-roading) and, of course, a Walmart truck!
 
Vintage Treasurers

Pack's Frozen Custard
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OK...in place of a pick ax and pail, I found an old red-handled potato masher ($4.50), a sharp pointed fork ($4.50) and a great old rolling pin ($4.00).  I doesn't take much to make me happy today.
 
My new "old" utensils
Once back at the motorhome, I had a friend request on FB from a high school classmate.  I accepted and, in doing so, found another friend and former neighbor, Gloria Haynes.  "Glo" as we called her, was the younger sister of my friend Sharon who lived two doors down the street from my childhood home.  What a nice surprise.  We've spent some time catching up with each other this afternoon.  You just never know what's in store for you each and every day of your life.


No comments: