Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Hemmingway House and the 6-Toed Cats


OK.....we have a sponge thief in the motorhome.  My sponges are disappearing as fast as the "pain in the asses".  Somebody better come clean (pun intended)!

 
Back to Key West today for lunch at the Hogfish Bar and Grill.  Just as I think I'm getting the hang of this "eating out every day" thing, I ordered a cup of chowder and an appetizer....and still couldn't finish it. 


 
 
Made our way to the Hemmingway House where we toured the infamous house.  I'm still amazed at the architecture of the 1920's.  Breezeways everywhere.  Anyway, my primary reason for this re-visit was to see the polydactyl cats.  There are 50 cats living on the premises and are reputed to have 6 toes.  Most did but there were a few "strays" mixed in.  They are all named after famous movie stars from the Hemmingway era and my favorite is Errol Flynn....black and white cat with a black moustache.  I toured the entire premises but only counted 20 cats.


 
 
Something to ponder....on the drive back and forth and back and forth to/from Key West, I started noticing stupid signs and pondered just how much money did the State of FL spend on stupid signs, such as Do Not  Pass.  Do people really need to be reminded of what the yellow lines mean?   How much money should we spend re-educating people about the basics of passing!  Also, how about Pass with Caution....is there any other way?

All our campground friends gathered at the Tiki Hut tonight to witness another gorgeous sunset.

 

No comments: