Monday, April 27, 2015

Myrtle Beach Week....

MONDAY:  George is back to work this week (ugh) so I'm on my own for daily entertainment.  Cool again this morning so I waited until after lunch to go to the beach.  The high was in the low 70's and oh so pleasant.  He joined me for Happy Hour and we cooked out on the grill again.
 
TUESDAY:  I went shopping at Belk as I only brought shorts, sleeveless shirts, flip-flops and one pair of capris jeans.  With these cold to cool days and nights, I needed a few things.  Afterward, I hit Walmart for a few groceries and a prescription refill.  It warmed up this afternoon so I took a nap outside in my beach chair until hubby woke me up to go for a drive.  I fixed Tomato Florentine Tortilini Soup with fresh bread for dinner....it was warm and good.  After we went to bed, we heard a cat scratching on the inside of the bedroom wall.  George could hear her bell ringing so we knew it was her.  WHAT?  Isa had somehow wedged herself into the inner-workings of the coach and worked her way inside the bedroom wall.  Well, we panicked.  George, unsuccessfully, tried to pull her out through an opening inside a cabinet door in the half bath.  She panicked and retreated back into a black hole.  So I decided to try and was able to coach her to me.  She basically went limp and allowed me to pull her through the opening.  OMG...needless to say, we didn't get to sleep for a while pondering how far this opening went and if it ultimately led to outside the coach. 
 
WEDNESDAY:  By the time I got up, George had done some research and figured out that Isa had wormed her way underneath the sofa where an opening at the back of the sofa led through the back of  kitchen cabinets and into the half bath ending at the bedroom wall.  We re-arranged the furniture and used my beach towel to close the opening leading under the sofa. When we get home, we will come up with a more permanent solution.  Meantime, keeping fingers crossed that this "quick fix" will work
The "Quick Fix"
 
The Culprit


















Meanwhile, its raining outside so I'm kinda stuck in the coach today.   Somehow, George was looking for something under the dinette table, opened a door and - VOILA - there's my laptop!  I'm sooo excited to find it PLUS that gives me something to do today since he is using his.
 
The Laptop
It has rained all day and I have taken the opportunity to update my knitting blog knitwitsofstonecrest.blogspot.com My last post was in 2013 so I did my best to bring it into the 21st century.

THURSDAY:  We woke up to sunshine today - YAY!   So back to the beach for me but, before doing so, I made my Golden Mushroom Chicken (see Recipes Page) in the crock pot.  We drove over to the PGA Tour Superstore this evening where George found some bargains and broke down and, with coaxing from me, actually spent money on himself.  Once back in the coach, dinner was simmering and smelling really good....there was not a bite left.  Meanwhile, the cats are officially going stir-crazy.  Isa got into trouble again...she remembered that there is a shelf amongst the wires underneath dashboard and, amazingly, she still fits under there.  As kittens, they would both get in there together, cuddle up and hide.

FRIDAY:  Nothing is going right for me today...bumped my head on a cabinet, opened the car with George's car  key (because I lost mine), which set off the horn, gashed my finger on the milk carton shelf at Walmart, had a prescription dilemma with Humana so I have to wait until Sunday to refill (if I have a heart attack, would somebody please bring suit against Humana!).  However....nothing is going to get me down today because George is getting off work early and we're playing golf at River Club in Litchfield thanks to the dude at PGA Tour Super Store who was able to get us on.  Apparently we hit Myrtle Beach in their high golf season.  The course (what we saw of it) is gorgeous.  We were paired with Laura and Dave, a couple from St. Louis but own a second home in Litchfield.  They know the course well and were able to guide us in the right direction.  They only played 9 holes as her back was bothering her.  In spite of dark clouds looming overhead, a big threat of rain, and cooling temperatures, we trudged on.  We stopped at the turn for George to use the bathroom and I bought a warm top.  As we were approaching the 11th tee, the rain came.  I'm not getting upset....just a bit disappointed that we didn't get to play the back 9.  The temperature cooled off quickly and glad I had my new warm top.  We stopped to eat at Red Robin, famous for gourmet hamburgers.  I could only eat half of mine...are hamburgers good left over?  Anyway, relaxing now with my feet up and a nice glass of wine....ahhh.  Tomorrow morning we leave for NJ but will take us 2 days to get there.  Had a nice relaxing time here recharging the batteries but I'm now ready to move on and meet Miss Coraline.

 




No comments: