Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 4: St. Marys, GA

On the drive over to St. Marys this morning, I called my former Johnson and Higgins boss, Dick Hartung, who lives there now.  I found this out from a former co-worker.  Dick was quite surprised to hear from me but still recognized my voice.  He graciously invited George and I to his home on very short notice.  He and wife, Winona, bought this 100+ year old house in the heart of St. Marys historic distric.  The house was restored 7 years ago but they have been busy over the past 5 months putting their personal touches on it.  Winona is an interior designer and, it was so beautifully done, I asked if  Southern Living was on their way over as well.  I'm so glad I got to visit with Dick and Winona and their special place.



Hartung House

Dick and Winona















It started pouring rain after we left the Hartung's so we headed back to the RV, played UNO and  fixed dinner at home.

No comments: