Saturday, April 29, 2017

Visiting with Grands....

FRIDAY:  Sydney, my sister's middle granddaughter, flew in last night from DC so my sister planned a little family get-together tonight at The Boathouse...can't wait for that.  Meantime, I made tuna salad and we headed up to Linda's house around noon.  George worked on her garage door opener, switched car tags, etc while we prepared lunch.  Then Sydney, along with her little sister Emma, and their dad, David, rolled in the drive-way with more lunch salads and desserts.  We laid out a smorgasbord of food on the bar, everyone fixed their plate and we ate outside on her deck.
 
George and I left about 3:00 and made a run to the bank and post office to get some documents notarized and off in the mail to Arizona then we met up with everyone at The Boathouse.  We had a little bit of a wait but, after all, it's Friday night and every restaurant in town is busy but it was worth the wait as we ended up with a great table.  David treated everyone to dinner while we caught up with Sydney and Emma's adventures and we pretty much closed the place.












OK, it's SATURDAY in a great Southern town and there's SO much to do....let's see, there's the 21st Annual Cornbread Festival in nearby South Pittsburg where they are having their famous cornbread cook-off.  Would love to go to this as Linda's friend, Marie, gave me my official Martha White apron at The Walden Club the other night. 

Or, there is the 100th Birthday Celebration of the Moon Pie at the Chattanooga Market.  They are giving out FREE Moon Pies and the Chattanooga Bakery is making the largest Moon Pie in history...speaking of which, did you know that Moon Pies are made in Chattanooga? 



Or, there is the Amazing Acrobatic Cat Show at the Chattanooga Theatre.  Their bus was parked in our campground this week and I so wanted to go over and say HI but never found the time...bummer.  All the cats were rescued and trained to walk the tightrope, balance on a ball or blow a trumpet.  Now, who wouldn't want to see that?





Last is the Battle Below the Clouds BBQ Cook-Off at Ruby Falls.  Twelve teams of back-yard BBQ-ers compete in the Third Annual Cook-Off, plus, can you believe that I've never been to Ruby Falls?

Naturally I wanted to attend all of these functions but Linda got a call yesterday from our cousin Larry and we invited him and wife Vera over to our RV for lunch today so, more family time.  They arrived about 11:30 and George and I gave them the royal tour until Linda and David arrived with pizza's.  They stayed several hours and we all got caught up on what's up in everyone's lives.  It's been a few years since I've seen them so it was great catching up.

After they left, I changed clothes and we headed back up to Linda's (sure glad we are only 10 minutes away).  She and I left for our Multi-Class Reunion at RBHS.  Each of us sat with our own classmates and I saw several people that I haven't seen in years.  They served a nice BBQ dinner (notice there is a LOT of BBQ suppers in the South), then more visiting.  Just as we were getting ready to leave, a big thunderstorm came up with lots of lightning and hard rains so we waited about 20 minutes until it passed before driving home. 
Add caption
 

I think I have worn Linda out as she turned down a glass of wine at our place and just wanted to go home and put her feet up.  I'm still raring to go...

No comments: