Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saying Goodbye (for now).....

Stonecrest Country Club
When we made our decision to move to Arizona, it was not an easy one.  Leaving our friends, leaving our home, leaving the area where we've had 10 great years.   We've had lots of farewell lunches and dinners with our closest friends plus a BIG BASH thrown by my golfing friends, complete with this wonderful cake!  Honestly, it was very overwhelming but I will never forget it and I will never forget all of you (and you know who "YOU" are).






Farewell Lunch
With George, well, he just loves to travel and has been nicknamed a "nomad" by some so it wasn't so hard for him.  For me, I am beginning to realize my mortality, but in a positive way.  There is so much of this country I want to see, so many things I want to experience that I truly feel the time is now.  How do I know that?  The signs were all around me, such as selling  our house 6 days after returning home from AZ, selling our golf cart in 1 hour, selling furniture and selling my car to my sister....signs telling me it was meant to be.  Even though I felt excitement about our new adventure, no one prepared me for actually driving out of Stonecrest. 




Lunch at Bev's
After spending my last two fun-filled days with my best friend, my eyes swelled with tears as I drove away and, later that evening, I was overcome with emotion and unable to control my tears.  The impact of actually leaving my home, my best friend and our beautiful community hit me very hard (and I'm fighting back tears as I'm writing this).  And that was only yesterday.....so I know this lump in my throat will likely be with me for a long time.


No comments: