Monday, April 24, 2017

The BIG BASH!!!


GIRLFRIENDS!
OK, I didn't elaborate on our BIG BASH Farewell Party because I didn't have pictures to share so here we go...my closest friends and golf buddies planned this really amazing party for us which was, once again, overwhelming.  I really didn't expect to be speechless, I didn't expect gifts, and I didn't expect the really cool cake, so, you officially "wow-ed" me!

But, knowing Bev and Nan, I should have known they would go "all out" for us.  Present were Nan and Marshall Albarelli, Bev and Randy Albrecht, Heather and Larry Devlin, Pat and Bob Greenan and Janette Chaisson.






The party was at Nan and Marshall's house and her Lanai was beautifully decorated with  grass skirts around the tables, beautiful floral centerpieces with orange hibiscis, special placemats and napkins....the works!  Marshall grilled burgers and brats and everyone brought a dish except me...I was supposed to make potato salad but absolutely ran out of time because of the last minute packing of the POD.  Which is another story....






The party was to begin at 5:00 and, early in the afternoon, I made a panic phone call to Nan and Bev that we were running late so the two of them got on the phone, called the other party-goers and golf carts full of friends started showing up to lend a hand.  George lost control of the POD and Heather took over, barking out orders to Janette and others and, in no time, the POD was packed to the gills - minus our sofa.  Had to make an emergency phone call to my bud Eric, owner of Almost Perfect Furniture, to come pick it up.  It absolutely would not fit (along with our other "all important stuff").  THANK YOU "POD SQUAD"!






Karen and Nan

Karen and Bev

Karen and Heather
"Mints and Nuts"
Karen and Pat
The party was postponed an hour or so then we were greeted by Larry's soon-to-be famous margaritas.  He doesn't drink them but he makes THE BEST!  I was then ushered over to the table where they had a fabulous cake made for us, gifts, and the cutest sign saying "We MINT to tell you, we will go NUTS without you", complete with little dishes of, you guested it, mints and nuts.  Honestly, it was just THE BEST party and I will cherish every moment always.



Karen and Janette





THANK YOU GIRLS FOR A GREAT GET-TOGETHER AND FOR ALL OUR FAVORITE THINGS...LOVE Y'ALL!




No comments: