Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fast Forward.......

Fast forward to Tuesday......today is the 10-day anniversary of my bad cold and I'm finally starting to feel better.  I went to Walmart this morning to refill a prescription and told the pharmacist how I've been feeling and he gave me Mucus-D which is a "behind the counter" drug and it's working like a charm.  At this point in my cold, I have a lot of drainage in my throat causing me to clear my throat and cough a lot....very annoying to me and everyone around me.  The drug is basically Mucinex with a Decongestant.  Why didn't I think of this sooner? 

Antique Shop, Winter Harbor, ME
Anyway, today I finally felt like getting out of the house so Bob, Sue and I went for a drive up to Winter Harbor which is a very small town (not even a traffic light) north of Bar Harbor.  We parked the car and walked the dogs...actually the dogs walked us and we pushed them around in their stroller.  It's about 70 degrees up here with a nice breeze.  We found a yarn shop but it was closed.  On the way home, we stopped at a dock where a boat had just pulled in with a load of lobsters.  We bought some for $4 per pound...Bob had a cooler with ice packs in his trunk so...voila!

Then we stopped for lunch at Ruth and Wimpy's on the way home and had their soon-to-be-famous lobster bisque. I bought a carton to-go for George since he is back to work today.  Once home, we boiled the lobsters outside on our grill, then cleaned them and froze the meat for later.



Wednesday Sue and I drove over to Blue Hill to Three Sisters Yarn Shop.  I met Karen, the owner, when we were at the Stitches Conference in Nashville and had bought some yarn from her while there.  Also bought more yarn from her today to make a really cool shawl.  I'm gonna have to come up with a new name for "shawl" because that sounds so old-fashioned and shawls have changed soooo much.  Anyway, loved her shop.  She hand-dyes all of her yarn along with cotton shirts, scarfs, etc.  Had a really nice time visiting with her.  On the way home, we wandered through Rooster Brothers, a really cool kitchen store in Ellsworth. 

George and I met the Chaisson's for dinner at Blaze in Bangor.  Had one of Janette's expensive bottles of wine and a great dinner.  Downtown Bangor has a quaint old downtown area...wish we had gotten there sooner to walk around a bit.  We also made plans to cookout Labor Day weekend back in Florida.

Thursday Sue and Bob decided to drive over to Bangor for the day and I stayed home, did some house cleaning and knitting then George got off early so we went golfing at Lucerne GC in Bucksport.  It's a 9-hole course and we were behind a 4-some so we decided to play 18 by hitting 2 balls.  Very interesting.  Got a rainshower on #3 so we hid under a tree until it passed.  George shot an 86 and I'm not saying....

The four of us grilled out tonight, built a fire in the firepit, stared at the most beautiful full moon, reflected on our week, then said our "good-bye's" as we are pulling out tomorrow.  They are headed back to Florida and us to Albany, NY.

No comments: