Tuesday, September 15, 2015

First Leg of the Journey home...

 


We left Camp Verde, AZ Friday morning and drove 330 miles to Sky City RV Park in Sky City, NM. Along the way, we crossed the Continental Divide.  Then 547 miles on Saturday to Fort Stockton RV Park in Fort Stockton, TexasSunday, it was 250 miles to Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, Texas.  George is exhausted and has important meetings Monday and Tuesday so we will be here until Wednesday. 
 

      
Poncho

Bandana Cowl
I've had plenty of time to knit over the past three days and finished my grey and white striped Poncho plus another Bandana Cowl
 
Monday I drove from one end of Kerrville, TX to the other making a few stops along the way.  Our campsite brochure advertised a half-mile of unique shops, galleries and craftsmen on Old Ingram Loop.  It was easy enough to find, however, the majority of the stores were closed.  However, I found a large craft store in town and it was a combination of Michael's and JoAnn...only bigger.
 
Tuesday, I drove 62 miles into San Antonio, had lunch and visited Yarnivore, an upscale yarn shop on NW Military Highway.  They had tons of yarn, some of which I've never heard of.  Bought a couple of things then sat and knitted with the ladies for a few hours before heading back to the motorhome.  George was still working when I got home.  He had a conference call at 3:00 AM and has been at it ever since, so I took the opportunity to do some laundry and, if he ever gets finished, we are going out to eat then early to bed for the next leg of our journey home. 



 

No comments: