Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 32: Hurricane Karen...

What are the odds of a hurricane, bearing your name, forming on your birthday?  Well, it happened to me today!  George told me this first thing this morning.  Not that I wish wreaking havoc on anyone but, I'm so excited, I'm feeling like wreaking havoc today.  Here's why....I have an appointment with Victor, my former hairdresser, at his beautiful AVEDA salon, Free Spirit.  I love Victor and have missed him terribly....he's just one of those guys that has a wonderful "gift of gab" and people just gravitate to him.  Secondly, we're having dinner at the Damore's tonight and I get to spend time with "My Mary" as I call her.
John and Mary
 
I've received sooo many good wishes and Happy Birthday's on Facebook, phone, email, text and am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends.  THANKS to all of you for thinking of me on my day of wreaking havoc!  Oh, I also got a Happy Birthday email from mymedicare....what's up with that?  I bit of a surprise but still scratching my head on that one.
 
Victor !
Victor was waiting for me at the door, arms folded, and that wonderful smile of his.  After hugs and kisses, he showed me around the new and improved salon.  WOW....it really looks great and he has 27 employees now.  A far cry from the days when I went there and there was only 6 of them!  I met some of the new interns, including one that does facials...wish I had time for that. 

My hair is very dry and brittle and my man Victor fixed me right up.  My hair looks and feels great!!!


The Village of Deaton Creek

Damore's House
George finished work at 4:00 so we headed over to John and Mary Damore’s new home in The Village of Deaton Creek, a new Del Webb development in Hoschton, GA (pronounced “hoke-ston”).   It was a 30 mile drive so we were glad to get ahead of the traffic.  They bought a brand new “spec” home and it is just beautiful.  Mary has it all fixed up so nice and I just love the lay-out…perfect for them!  John was playing in a game at the ball field so George took off down to the Recreation Area while Mary showed me around the house.   It’s a very spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath home with an open living/dining/kitchen and sitting area.  She has a large laundry room with a huge walk-in storage closet.   I’m amazed at how much closet and storage space she has.  We sat outside on the patio, which they plan to enlarge and/or screen in.
 
Mary, being Italian, fixed a scrumptious dinner of Stuffed Shells, made with fresh Ricotta cheese (no preservatives) that she bought in Michigan, Italian Gravy with meat, Grilled Brats, a big Italian Salad and Toasted Garlic Bread.  Oh my did we fill up!  I’m lovin’ these home-cooked meals!  My friend, Joan Gibbs, also lives in Deaton Creek and she stopped over for a short visit.  We “made her” sit down and have some dinner also.  Mary also fixed a really cool dessert made with vanilla ice cream and rice crispies (I think).  I gotta get this recipe.  After another long visit, it was time to say “good-bye for now”. 

 

1 comment:

Nancy Leiker said...

Mary and John look great. And their house is nice tool. Glad you had a good time and got to see them both.