Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 31: Pot Roast at the Krzaks!

 
Took Cornelia up on her offer last night to come over and do laundry.  What a relief!  The only negative about Twin Lakes is no laundry facility so I packed up and hauled our dirty laundry to her house.  She has a brand new, bright red Samsung washer/dryer which is totally awesome!  I’m giving her a Perfect 10 on her laundry room!   She is working from home the majority of the time now which gave us  a day to visit.  Once I got the laundry going, I took her to lunch at It’s About Thyme, a local fare right around the corner from their house.  Love, love, love it!  While waiting for your sandwich, you can shop for jewelry.  A local jewelry crafter has her wares displayed in a little nook of the café and she makes some really great stuff.  We had a great “girlfriend day” together that I will cherish.
 
 
I have lots of "Pat" friends but Pat Krzak (aka little Patty Iler as she sometimes refers to herself) is my long-time best friend.  We met in 1981 as single women making our mark in the big city of Atlanta some 32 years ago.  We were both proud owners of our first condo at Bentley Ridge in Marietta and became fast friends.  We met other single friends there and those were some of the most fun days of my life.   Not to go too far down memory lane but some of my best are:
  • John Henry's and the "fire hose" incident!
  • Assembling a BBQ grill in the clubhouse kitchen.
  • Buckets of Margaritas at the pool.
  • Chastain Park.
  • Twist beads.
  • Pat's wedding to Les (aka "Lef")
Mully
Pat and Les are cat lovers also and here is a picture of their cat Mully (short for Mulligan). 

I started playing golf because of Pat.  We were ALTA tennis partners, however, the reason we played tennis was because of the cute outfits.  Enough said.  After Pat married Les, however, she started playing golf and tennis was no longer fun for me so she coaxed me into playing golf.  We were both immediately hooked on golf and the rest is history.
 
Les serenading us...
 
We had dinner at their beautiful home where Les serenaded us with his guitar while Pat made a wonderful dinner of Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus and a tomato salad.  Honestly, she makes the best pot roast I've ever put in mu mouth.  I have posted her recipe on this blog under PAGES/RECIPES (I hope I got it right).  She also  brought out a Chess Pie with a candle in honor of my birthday.  What a wonderful and special evening we had!  THANK YOU Pat and Les for a memorable evening and for being such fabulous friends!  We are sooo looking forward to entertaining y'all if and when you ever come to visit us in Florida.

No comments: