Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 30: An evening with my Nephew...

I took off for my old neighborhood and drove by our former house.  The house and neighborhood looks good but the bushes needed pruning.  I really wanted to get out of the car and take care of that but….oh well.  Stopped by my old hair salon, Free Spirit, but my best bud Victor was not there, darn it.  However, I made an appointment for Thursday – can’t wait for that!  Did a little shopping at some of my favorite places and had a heck of a day.
David and the black cat
 
 
Drove over to David (my nephew) and Cornelia’s house which is only 8 miles from our campground in the Brookwood sub-division in Cumming.  Had a glass of wine and visited with them and Cornelia’s two sons, Jake and Josh.  My, have they grown! 
 
 
 
 
 
Jake and Daisy
Jake graduated from high school in the Spring and is contemplating what to do with his life. 
 
Josh and the striped cat
Brown Betty
Josh is a Junior, has a girlfriend that is a senior and plays LaCrosse.   They also have 6 cats!  Let’s see if I can remember…Daisy, Brown Betty (a gorgeous solid chocolate brown cat – never seen a solid brown cat), Wheezy, the black cat the striped cat and the itty bitty cat....see there, I remembered them all. 
 
Cornelia made a Blueberry Brie Crisp with Fig Preserves to munch on and it was so yummy.  Check out PAGES/RECIPES for her recipe. 

They took us to dinner at their favorite Italian restaurant Rosa Mia.  David recommended the Veal Piccata, which is what he and I ordered.  George had the Lasagne and Cornelia had Veal Marsala, which was the house specialty tonight.  The food was excellent.  I had enough left over for another meal so, yes,  I had them bag it up.  George also had some leftovers too which tells you that he was served a very healthy portion.   After dinner, we went back to their house until it was time to say good-bye for now.  It was so good to see them….it’s been way to long!

No comments: