Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 4 - Shopped til I dropped


Corky's Rain Boots
 

Wichita "Falls"
We are staying at the Wichita Falls RV Park in Wichita Falls, TX.  Nice little park and Kay, who works in the office, was very helpful directing me around town to all the cute shops such as Cadillac Ranch Creations, Polka-Dot Penguin, Harvest Boutique, The Finishing Touch and the largest Yellow Box shoe store in the US.  Yes, I bought another pair of shoes.....I'm calling them my Texas Flip Flops. 

OK, I have a confession to make.... I "left behind" one of my meds, however, Kay came to my rescue and directed me to a CVS Pharmacy where Josh was able to get me an early refill.

Bought this cookbook back home called "Six Ingredients or Less" which, along with the crock pot, is perfect for motorhome travel and will take care of a great deal of our meals while on the road.  Beef Stroganoff is simmering in the crock pot right now, then, after dinner, we are off to find "the falls" - there's bound to be falls in Wichita Falls, right?  We hiked around Lucy Park and indeed found "the falls" so my mission here is now complete.

Tomorrow we are off to Amarillo.  C'mon Phillies dig yourself out of this hole!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all are having a blast! We will need to see pictures of all your great finds, i.e. shoe purchases. Are you reading any good books to pass the time? I start exams in 1 week and plan to spend the rest of the summer reading for FUN - doesn't happen much. Take care!

-LD

Anonymous said...

Can't believe my Cosmopolitan City Girlfriend is roving around in a motor home, with the cats no less!! Sounds like quite an adventure and you're having fun. Love your blog. Keep the stories coming. Will you be coming through Atlanta on the way home?

Love, PA