Monday, May 8, 2017

Me and George time...




SunTrust Atlanta Braves Stadium
Normally we avoid Atlanta like the plague, however, on this Saturday morning, we took I-75 South from Adairsville, then picked up I-285 NE to I-85 North, careful to avoid the bridge collapse on the southern portion of I-85.  Actually, we blew through town pretty quickly.  Along the way, we saw the new SunTrust Braves Stadium and the Gwinnett Braves Stadium.  Lots of other changes around the Perimeter Highway also...it's been a while.








Driving over South Carolina's bumpy roads is always a pain and this time was no different but we were treated to a view of the Big Peach in Gaffney, SC.
The BIG Peach


Once in NC, we had a nice ride to our destination, Tanglewood Park of Forsyth County in Clemmons, NC and were surprisingly impressed with this park.  A very high-end but inexpensive county park.  There's tons to do here besides RV camping, such as tennis, 2 golf courses, trail rides, carriage rides and hayrides.  Paddle boating, fishing, an aquatic center and a Manor House, cottage and lodge rentals.  Not to mention a ballroom, concert shell and grill room.  There was a Prom being held in the Ballroom.  Once settled in, we drove over to the golf course to make some tee times.  I fixed sloppy joes (one of George's fav's) then we collapsed on the sofa for the evening.


We golfed on the Reynolds Course Sunday and it was quite hilly.  Shot a 95 and, considering that I haven't played in over a month, plus I pulled something in my right knee (on the first hole), I'll take it.  There was plenty of deer on this course and they were not spooked by people.  The temperature only got up to about 69 today so we were able to open up the windows and enjoy the breeze.  Back at the RV, we had a healthy salad and I iced my knee several times throughout the evening to prepare for tomorrow's round.

Monday morning we were down to about 18 campers in the park and it was noticeably quieter.  We made our way over to the golf course and teed up on the Championship Course which was equally as hilly plus has a higher slope and  course rating.  My knee is feeling much better today but my score is going in the wrong direction.  Honestly, I think we were both in at least one sand trap on every hole.   The course is beautiful and in great condition except for the multiple bunkers which are either hard-pan or full of water...go figure.  Another beautiful day with windows open taking in the breezes.  
Championship Course

No comments: