Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Week Two...

It's Monday again, the second Monday that George does not have to work!  He has really jumped into this retirement thing with both feet.  Got on the road fairly early and checked into Hacienda RV Resort in Las Cruces, NM.  We stayed here a few years ago with California Tom and Pat.  George took me to a new Mexican restaurant, Si Senor, and we both loved it.  The total bill was $30 and we brought home mucho leftovers.

4 hours later we are finally in ARIZONA! Tucson to be exact. It's now  Tuesday and we decided to stay a few nights to decompress. Got in around 1:00 and checked in to Lazy Days KOA.  We've also stayed here before with California Tom and Pat.


There are orange trees on almost every RV space (check out the size of these oranges) so I quickly started picking some for our stay and tripped over the water connection.  Ended up with a huge, purple pump-knot on my ankle.

George took the car to get it washed as you can't see out the windows because of all the West Texas dust. The RV is dirty too but we will stop at the Blue Beacon on the way to Gold Canyon.  I stayed in the RV, iced my ankle and tackled the over-flowing laundry bag. Once George returned, we went to Happy Hour at the Cantina on the property.  Nice to relax and be out of the motorhome for a while. We enjoyed the Cantina so much that we stayed for dinner.

Wednesday we found a great golf deal at the Ventana Canyon Mountain Course so we jumped on it.  It was a perfectly beautiful day and the golf course was in pristine condition.  It's a very hard course with table-top fast greens.  I was setting up for a chip shot on 13 when I noticed movement in front of me, looked up to see a small bobcat strolling by.  Kinda freaked me out.  Wish I had been able to get a picture.  It must be used to people as it sat by the green and watched us putt out.  We also saw a bunch of cottontail bunnies and weird birds that looked sorta like roadrunners.  I really enjoyed the course and its beauty even though I didn't score well.
George was happy as he rolled in a long birdie putt on the last hole.  Back at the motorhome, we ate those Mexican leftovers for dinner.

No comments: