Monday, February 15, 2016

Mud Bug Massacre

Ok, all has been going so well on the trip so far so it's time for a "mud bug massacre" (my new name for an RV disaster).  So, I'm blow drying my hair and I plugged in my flat iron -big mistake- then they both shut down and suddenly no electricity.  I tried pushing the reset button to no avail so I had to yell for George and own up to my screw up of plugging in too many appliances at the same time. With the smell of singed wires in the air, he comes running into the bathroom with that "what have you done now Lucy" look.  He immediately tried to diagnose the problem without success so Mike comes to the rescue and sounds like he knows a lot about electrical problems (from previous "mud bug massacre" experiences).  They eventually figure out that one of the main electrical lines had burned up so we call a mobile service guy and wait, and wait, and wait.


The natives are restless so we set off to a shop where the guys buy a $369.00 supposed "fix" to our electrical and, much to our amazement, it worked (after spending the whole day working on it).


So now....on to bigger and better things. 


We took a tour of Reunion Pointe with Richard Parker, the developer.  This is a new RV Port-Home Community with about 31 lots to pick from.  Richard took us through his unit which is still under construction but very nicely laid out on the best lot in the neighborhood.  He also took us through a unit that has just been completed and we were very impressed, however, George is not sure he likes the location of this community but I'm glad we got a feel for what port-home living is all about. 

No comments: